Please join as a parish community
Lenten Program: The Sacraments
The video program on the Sacraments will be shown on Wednesdays at 12:30 pm and at 7:00 pm during Lent.
Sacraments are encounters with Christ. The word sacrament comes from the Latin sacramentum, which in Greek is mysterion. The “fundamental” sacrament is the Church itself, and the seven sacraments are the means by which the Church expresses its life. Sacraments are visible signs of invisible grace,” according to the Baltimore Catechism there is a visible Church with rites and sacraments that are channels of invisible grace given by God to us.
- March 9 Introduction & Baptism
- March 16 Confirmation
- March 23 Eucharist
- March 30 Reconciliation & Anointing of the Sick
- April 6 Matrimony & Holy Order
All of these Lenten opportunities can be found in our parish Flocknote. If you have not registered for Flocknote, go to our parish website homepage and click on Flocknote symbol to register. Then when you visit the homepage of Flocknote, there is a purple link to “Visit the Library”. Here you will find several opportunities to enrich your Lenten journey!
- Holiness at Home - Kick-off and journey through Lent and Holy Week with these family-based reflections and activities to help you and your children grow closer to the Lord.
- Lenten Traditions - Why do we fast, give alms, and pray anyway? This email series is a great look into the traditions we hold each Lent. Those new and seasoned in the Faith will appreciate this informative and entertaining series.
- Engage Lent 2022 - offers reflections for the Sunday and major feasts of the Lenten season.
- Family Activities for Lent - Grow closer to Christ as a family this Lent! This series of 7 emails includes reflections and activities from coloring sheets and recipes to videos to help families truly enter into the Lenten season. .
- Journey at the Cross Prayer Challenges - This is a 10 day journey through the story of Christ’s passion; one text each day including scripture verses to read and a question for reflection and prayer.
- Lent Challenge Texts OR Lent Challenge Emails - Sign up for either text or email!
This series contain 25 short texts or emails with a daily challenge to help you focus what is important this Lenten season. You can start at any point during the season.